I had a yoga class this morning and was feeling really hungry afterwards so I made a huge smoothie bowl filled with greens. I prefer smoothie bowls when I’m extra hungry, rather than a just a regular smoothie, because the toppings add extra calories and nutrition.
- 3 frozen bananas
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1/2 granny smith apple (I ate the other half whole)
- 3 cups fresh spinach
- 2 tbsp organic apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp spirulina
- 1 cup plant based milk (I used soy)
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp fair-trade cacao nibs
- 3 tbsp PB2 (powdered peanut butter. I like PB2 because it’s low fat and oil-free. The only ingredient is peanuts. You mix 3 tbsp with approximately 1 tbsp of water and it creates a nice, creamy peanut butter that’s easy to drizzle on smoothie bowls)
- Chop up all fruits.
- Throw smoothie ingredients in blender or food processor. Blend until creamy.
- Pour smoothie in bowl and place toppings gently on top.
- Take a photo and post it on IG.